What you will enjoy doing:The organizational unit ITI (global IT Infrastructure) of Linde Engineering is responsible for the architecture, administration, operation and optimization of local and global IT-systems, their corresponding operating system and back-office applications.
The tasks within this team covers infrastructural design, planning, setup and monitoring as well as 2nd level support. The activities focus mainly on following areas:
- design/architecture, planning and implementation of IT-Infrastructure projects in the field of LAN (CISCO, MPLS) and WAN (Internet, Corporate Network, WAN acceleration, QoS, SD-WAN, MPLS, VPN)
- contribute to sustainable security of our network
- Innovation Management (screen relevant developments and prepare decisions)
- Optimization of operational costs
- Global project execution with distributed teams
- technical and operational management of external service provider
What makes you great:
- IT related qualification, a degree preferably in Computer Science or an comparable experience
- you already gained 3 years of experience in planning, designing and administering IT systems in a globally connected infrastructure for Windows and ICT systems
- strong technical expertise on modern WAN-technologies (QoS, SD-WAN und WAN acceleration) in large companies
- detailed knowledge in IP Routing, TCP/IP and SSL/TLS
- know how in network monitoring and the skillset to draw the right conclusions.
- Knowledge on Firewall devices (Checkpoint/PaloAlto) is advantageous but not a prerequisite.
- experience in a global acting company together with all social and communicative competences involved
- Languages skills: Good written and spoken in English